January 26, 2015 - February 1, 2015
Dickhead Coaches, Game Winning Dunks, The Worst Beat Of The Century, and a Top 25 Breakdown…. This Week In College Hoops
ITS ROUNDUP TIME!!!!!!!!!!
Murray State starts it off by showing us how to run a fast break
Michael Cobbins from OKST Swats this shot into tomorrow
Some Dick-Head UTEP coach throws paper onto the floor, gets fans yelled at
Speaking of Dick-Head Coaches, Trent Johnson went after the ref after TCU lost to WVU
Hold me back bro!
Miami Fan shoves NC State player
Is Minnesota Basketball really that desperate
— Gavin Brar (@gbrar333) January 21, 2015
Ohio beat Buffalo on this insane full court game winning dunk
Iowa State and Texas may have ended the game on the biggest beat of the season:
ISU at -5, 3.0 seconds left, Texas shoots a prayer, misses, ball goes off the ISU’s players head.
.6 seconds left the unthinkable happens. ISU still wins but for those who took ISU (BigCat) this one had to hurt
Nebraska tries to shut-up the Wisconsin Student Section
— Nebraska Huskers (@Huskers) January 16, 2015
YOU HAD ONE JOB
Florida A&M is in for a record breaking season….”defeated”?
Jim Boeheim just being Jim Boeheim and digging for some treasure
Breaking Down this weeks AP Top 25
Things we can take away from this week in college basketball:
1. Conference play is really starting to heat up: Maryland Vs. Northwestern went down to the wire, Maryland won, Notre Dame beat NC State in OT, Wisconsin beat Michigan in OT, Texas Tech beat ISU but @ Texas Tech, West Virginia and TCU went into OT which WVU won
2. What I mean by all this is that this is one of the most intense and talented years of College basketball we have seen in a while. The talent level is much higher and teams are starting to gel and play very well. We can expect a very exciting tournament this year.
3. Home-Court advantage this year has been huge. ISU is something like 32-2 in the last two years at home, which is fucking crazy.
4. There are two undefeated teams left, Kentucky and Virginia, and I will say Virginia is a talented squad, but they have nowhere near the defensive ability and the explosiveness that Kentucky has. The difference between the #1 and the #2 is much bigger than the rankings say.
5. Remember when I said watch out for Dark Horse, UNI, and you all made fun of me, like AHHAHAHAH #24 UNI wont be a dark horse? Ya well keep watching them, they’re 17-2, #18 in the country and they’re starting to get really fucking good. So mark my words, tournament dark horse is UNI.
P.S. Congratulations to Coach K, 1000 wins is a hell of a lot.
Elephante is about to be one of EDM’s breakout stars of 2015, and he kicks the year off right with a gigantic new remix of The Magician’s “Sunlight,” infusing his signature progressive house style with some funky future bass and synth lines that’ll melt your face on impact. This might be my favorite Elephante track yet, and it’s a free download, come see me.
Hey Rondae my life is pretty cool too man. Take for example the other night when I got snowed in to an NYC apartment I pay like 150X over market value for making Kraft mac and cheese for dinner and watching Netflix. You honestly think I’m jealous of you being 20 years old in college at a university that is basically located in paradise with 2 hot chicks wearing your t-shirts about to have sex with you for 8 hours straight only taking breaks to check your NBA draft prospects on the internet? Ha. Ha ha.
Chris Kyle gave his life for our freedom to speak and live freely. Marshawn Lynch mocks that freedom and makes millions doing so.
— joseph arrambidez (@rkid727) January 28, 2015
People are always asking me hey Kmarko, why do you only have 40K followers on Twitter? Well here’s your reason. A complete inability to come up with takes this hot. Just not creative or internet savvy enough to be the first to these kind of opinions. Think about it, what are the two hottest topics on the internet right now? American Sniper and Marshawn Lynch. Take em, put em in a blender, press puree and boom, pour out a hot take smoothie.
PS – I don’t want to step on Joseph’s toes now that he’s becoming internet famous but if I were to make a quick point it would probably be to say that what Marshawn is doing is, literally, by its very definition, free speech. But that’s none of my business.
So last week Big Cat blogged about Jim Harbaugh eating his cereal with Gatorade. Preposterous move but you’d expect nothing less from a guy like Harbaugh. Anyways I was waiting all week for Pres to try it but he’s too busy asking to murder people for Bill Belichick so I took it upon myself and made a bowl. Not great, not terrible. Kind of like my blogs. And yeah I know I’m an idiot and had it filmed vertically. I’d literally never made a video for YouTube before in my life. I’m not Jenna Marbles over here. Yet.